Tarragon has a strong aromatic and slightly bitter taste and is considered one of the finest spices. Belongs to traditional French and Armenian cuisines. Often recommended to use as fresh.
Tarragon is not a very old spice. It has only been used since the 1500’s. Russian tarragon stems from Siberia. Tarragon appears to promote appetite and stimulate digestion. It is said that it has antiseptic properties and is beneficial to the heart and liver. It is also included as an ingredient in the “fine herbes” -class used as flavouring in e.g. French omelettes.
* Carrots with tarragon: add a little salt, sugar, butter and finely chopped tarragon to cooked carrots.
* Excellent as a condiment in poultry and fish dishes, but is also suitable for seasoning all kinds of meat and egg dishes.
* For the chicken: chicken in the oven, stir-fried shredded chicken.
* For seasoning vegetables: artichokes, cabbage, turnips, parsnips, asparagus, carrot and tomato.* Also suitable as a seasoning in the mashed potatoes.
* Fresh tarragon is an essential ingredient in French béarnaise, hollandaise-, mousseline- and tartar sauces.
* Excellent as well as seasoning in herb butter and cream cheese.
Seed pods are compressed ecological peat pods. Just add the seeds of your choice. The peat pod has a diameter of 5 cm, and when placed in water they expand to a height of 6 cm. Unused seed pods remains usable for many years, and are ready to grow fresh herbs and salads as soon as it is placed in water. The package contains two seed pods.
Tregrens’s seed pods are an easy and effective way to grow any plant of your choice. Everyone will be a successful gardener with Tregren’s seed pods, especially when they are placed in Genie Kitchen Garden or Herbie Indoor Garden. Fresh herbs and lettuces will be ready for cooking and eating in 3-8 weeks depending on the plant.
How to use:
Put the pod in a vessel with water for 5 minutes. Then gently press the seed paper against the pod until it is totally moist and move the pod to your Tregren Indoor Garden.
To cultivate potted rosemary from the store:
Remove the plastic cover and place the rosemary in your Herbie. Remove all interspersed and shrivelled leaves and stems. Add the nutrients in the water. Do not buy the plant if the peat / soil in the pot is dry. This could mean that the roots of the plant are injured and will partially fade.
Get your own herbs from our webshop: