Mint – (Mentha spicata)
Mint is an herb with a fresh flavour. It has bright green leaves and the flowers are light purple. Possesses a hint of menthol in taste. Mint grows wild in Southern Europe and is cultivated even in the northernmost parts of Finland. Spearmint is the most widely cultivated species of mint. As a spice it is used to stimulate the appetite.
*Excellent in a Mojito.
* Tastes best in marinades, mint sauces and -jellies to lamb.
* Suitable for decoration and can be eaten fresh.
* Salads and dressings can be seasoned with mint.
* Worth to try even in potato and pease dishes.
* Vegetable soups, carrot dishes, grated vegetables and rise can also be flavoured with mint.
* As a spice in beverages, e.g. punch, tea, mead.
* The flavour goes well with e.g. cranberry and apple.
* Excellent as spice in fruit salads, is also suitable for desserts and pastries, cream and juice soup.
Seed pods are compressed ecological peat pods. Just add the seeds of your choice. The peat pod has a diameter of 5 cm, and when placed in water they expand to a height of 6 cm. Unused seed pods remains usable for many years, and are ready to grow fresh herbs and salads as soon as it is placed in water. The package contains two seed pods.
Tregrens’s seed pods are an easy and effective way to grow any plant of your choice. Everyone will be a successful gardener with Tregren’s seed pods, especially when they are placed in Genie Kitchen Garden or Herbie Indoor Garden. Fresh herbs and lettuces will be ready for cooking and eating in 3-8 weeks depending on the plant.
How to use:
Put the pod in a vessel with water for 5 minutes. Gently press the seed paper against the pod until it is totally moist and move the pod to your Tregren Indoor Garden.
Commercial herb pot growing:
Remove the plastic cover from the Oregano, and place it with the pot in a Herbie. Remove all interspersed and shrivelled leaves and stems. Add the nutrients in the water.
When you buy herbs from the store, always check that the leaves do not have dark areas. This means that the plant has got frostbite, and it most probably will not recover. Do not buy an herb or plant where the soil in the pot is dry. This could mean that the roots are damaged and it will be partly decayed.
Get your own seed pods from our webshop: